Steppin’ Out Academy of Performance provides a safe, friendly and lively environment where young people can gain self-confidence and develop new skills in all aspects of performing arts. Students work along side qualified teachers and experienced professionals from the performing arts industry, including headliners, actors, dancers, singers and stage managers.
Steppin’ Out provides a fantastic opportunity for your child to learn in a fun and stimulating environment.
Dance classes will improve posture, encourage physical growth and development as well as promoting a healthier lifestyle.
Children’s dance lessons are a great way for your kids to learn important social skills and discover new ways to interact and communicate with their friends.
Our “Little Steppers” classes focuses on learning classical ballet as the basis of all other forms of dance, so whatever dance styles your child goes on to learn, they’re already at an advantage!
History Of Steppin' Out Academy Of Performance
Steppin' Out was founded in 1991 by Principal Angela Harris. Originally based at Hamworthy Liberal Hall, the school moved to St Michael's Church Hall and finally to its existing location at Carter Community Sports College, Hamworthy in 1995. Due to demand Steppin' Out opened a branch in Bournemouth. In 2011, the Spetisbury branch was opened and this has now been re-located to Sturminster marshall Village Hall. Our Poole Academy has its own purpose built studios at Unit 3 (first floor) 446 Blandford Road. The dance studios have sprung floors, mirrors and barres, girls and boys changing rooms, along with a lovely reception area containing a dance shop and cafe.
What Training The Academy Offers
- I.S.T.D Ballet: Recognised by all the top dance colleges. A syllabi to stretch the pupil and challenge independent learning.
- I.S.T.D. Modern: A West End style of dance with links to contemporary & street jazz.
- I.S.T.D. Tap: Exciting tap grades to produce the top standard.
- Acrobatic Arts Program: From Canada this program offers a professional curriculum endorsed by the Cirque du Soleil.
- Jazz: Free jazz classes to advance the students and prepare them for audition techniques.
- Commercial & Street: includes hip hop, locking and break dance.
- Elite Dancer program from age 8
- Theatre Stars: Group lessons for our younger members to prepare for the world of cabaret and musical theatre. Class encompasses dance, drama & vocal production.
- MTC Squad: Group lessons tfor our more senior and experienced members to prepare for the world of cabaret and musical theatre. Class encompasses dance, drama & vocal production.
- Teacher training at DDI & DDE level: Separate details available.
- Opportunities to perform: Students have the chance to perform in shows, demonstrations and displays.
- Competition & Festival Work: Allowing more experience and giving the pupil's confidence & audition skills.